Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

If the person named as executor on the will of a deceased person does not want to perform the task, how does one go about changing the executor? Are there any issues with the new executor not being related to the deceased?

Asked on 5/10/10, 5:17 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Kerpsack Robert W. Kerpsack Co., L.P.A.

I do not practice probate law; therefore, I am not going to be able to answer your specific question, nor will I be representing you. I urge you to consult immediately with a probate lawyer who practices in the county where the decedent's estate is pending. The local bar association may have a lawyer referral service that can provide you with the names of some lawyers near you who handle these types of matters. In the alternative, you may want to contact the Columbus Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (telephone number 614-221-4112; web address I am sorry I cannot help you.

Bob Kerpsack

Phone: 614-766-2000

Fax: 614-766-2005

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/24/10, 2:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio