Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

My sister is the administrator for my mother's will, however she cannot find the original will and we have only copies of her will. The family attorney that drew up the will is no longer practicing law. My sister needs the original so the court can appoint her as the true administrator. What can be done? We live in Cincinnati, Ohio and the Batavia court house is demanding an original.

Asked on 1/21/20, 11:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Brandabur Brandabur Law, LLC

There is a process to file a lost or spoilated or destroyed will in Ohio governed by Ohio Revised Code 2107.26. I would strongly suggest you seek counsel, as this process requires an evidentiary process, that if not done correctly would likely mean you will not be successful. I've handled this type of case in the past.

Read more
Answered on 1/22/20, 10:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio