Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Ohio

How can I stop my dads girlfriend from taking land from my family? My grandfather passed away 20 years ago, leaving his property to my father and my uncle who were co-trustees. My father has a long time girlfriend who constantly complained to him about how its unfair that I will receive all of my property and the house that my grandfather built & I grew up in my whole life instead of her and her kids, who never met him and do not live there. My aunt, uncle, cousins, and I have had a suspicion that she was using him but weren't sure what until we realized it was for all of his land which = money for her. Within the past few years he discussed with me that he was going to change things around so that they get a lot of it and the rest of us were not okay with it, including my uncle who was a co-trustee. I am unsure how, but my father and his girlfriend were able to get my uncle off of the trust which my uncle was never okay with. She didnt know he added her and her kids to receive my grandfathers land and things, but the rest of us were. She threw a fit about a year ago and broke up with him over it because she said it was unfair for them to be left with nothing from him and 'hates him every 6 months for it' until she knew she found out he added them and then immediately wanted to get back together and was fine. she also stopped pressuring him to propose once she realized she would get land if something happens to him. Is this at minimum undue influence and manipulation?

Asked on 6/29/23, 9:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You had best go see a lawyer right away and not rely on free advice over email for these important matters.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/29/23, 4:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Ohio