Legal Question in Business Law in Oklahoma

I paid 1000 to a man off letgo to get a transmission put into my car. He picked it up and said it would be a couple days and stopped answering my phone calls or texts. We went to the address on the reciept and the man there said he had just received my car that morning, two days after it was picked up. And he only received 500 out of the 1000. He said he would go ahead and fix my car since I had proof of payment. A few days later he said my car was ready. When I picked it up it did not even make it a 7 minute drive back to my house. I contacted the mechanic and he said he would not jump through hoops for only half the payment. So I am stuck with no working car and I can not make money without my car. Where do I start legally with both men?

Asked on 6/01/20, 1:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jonathan Krems Liberty Legal Solutions, LLC

Depending on the details of your situation, you may wish to consult with a lawyer for a breach of contract lawsuit. Was there a written contract for the work you needed to have performed? How much money are you needing to get back? Depending on the answers to those questions, you may wish to hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit against the mechanic and those involved in this matter. If you would like to schedule a free phone consultation further, please send me an e-mail at [email protected], and include "Transmission" in the headline of your e-mail. Thanks!

Read more
Answered on 6/01/20, 3:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Oklahoma