Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Oklahoma

What legal redress is a person entitled to when they are illegally detained by getting put in the back of a police car by a police officer when the person had nothing illegal and the person did nothing wrong. The same person is trying to help her epileptic boyfriend while he had a siezure but the police wouldnt let the person go home to get his mother and get out of the situation the person was in.

Asked on 3/22/11, 12:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

This situation would have to addressed in a civil suit or complaint. If a police report was filed and you were ordered to address the situation and/or appear in court, you can file a motion to suppress evidence based on the civil violations that occurred prior to filing a suit. I hope this helps.

Read more
Answered on 3/22/11, 4:28 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Oklahoma