Legal Question in Criminal Law in Oklahoma

I cannot have a felony conviction on my record for my job. I have been offered drug court for a felony possession charge. I know that I have to plea guilty to the charge, but will I have a felony conviction on my record for the 18 months I am in the drug court program?

Asked on 2/23/11, 6:28 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matt Swain Swain Law Firm

Your felony case will be on hold while you are in drug court. Drug court usually takes a minimum of 18 months. It could take longer. Once your complete drug court, the charges are dismissed. You will not have a felony conviction unless you fail drug court.

Read more
Answered on 4/26/11, 12:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Oklahoma