Legal Question in Environmental Law in Oklahoma

restaurant 'grandfather clause'

I would like to sell my restaurant, but the Health Inspector says I have been riding on the grandfather clause and the restaurant is not up to codes and therefore cannot be opened under another owner. Do you know of any options besides having the landlord revamp the restaurant?

Asked on 1/20/07, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: restaurant 'grandfather clause'

Without knowing the municipality in which you are located and the local codes and zoning requirements, it is impossible to give you a definitive answer. A "sale" of the business can be accomplished in many ways, not all of which may be a "sale" for purposes of the health inspector.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/07, 1:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Environmental Law questions and answers in Oklahoma