Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma


About 5 years ago I gave my parents temp. custody of my 2 children. I was a single mother and got involved with a bad group of people. I was on my way to messing up my whole life and I didn't want to mess up my childrens life also. About 1 year later I straightened my life up and got a good job, my own house.I could get my kids back but my mother told me I couldn't have them back for a year. Its been 5 years and she recently moved. She lied about the papers they were custody papers.Well I get my kids on weekends if they are not grounded from me. My daughter recently told me that the bruise on her arm wasn't from a fall. It was were my mother punched her in the arm. My daughter is very scared of my mother and what she thinks. My mother told them that if they didn't tell the judge that they wanted to live with me that DHS would have them. Thats who they really belong too. I believe the I, myself have suffered from mental abuse from my mother. When I was about 5 years old my mother made me eat spinach and I vomited. She made me eat the spinach and my own vomit. What can I do?

Asked on 1/20/02, 5:18 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: Help

I'm sorry but I cannot give an accurate response without some important information which was not provided. More specifically are you asking what you can do about your mother making you eat spinach or what you can do about getting your children back? Additionally you mention the children talking to the judge and

DHS, is there currently a proceeding pending? Was custody transferred by guardianship? All of this information and more is necesary in order to provide an accurate response to your query.

Read more
Answered on 1/21/02, 12:45 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma