Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My Aunt died May 18, 2017. She had a will and chose a personal representative to administer the conditions. He filed probate in federal court for the 'federal holdings of her estate'. The rest and residue of her personal property was also willed to certain heirs, but he the personal representative was a signatory on her checking account and claimed his attorneys told him as such a signatory, the balance in her account was his money. He failed to file a probate on any of her estate BUT the federal stuff. She specifically stated in her estate how the rest and residue was to be split (with the personal administrator getting a portion equal to the eight other heirs) and he totally ignored it and took the money. It wasn't much, approximately $30,000 in her checking account, but he never filed a probate in State court. What can the other heirs do? As a result of his pilfering, they got nothing from my Aunt and it was not her 'will' to leave them out.

Asked on 5/15/19, 5:50 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bow Bottomly Ball Morse Lowe, PLLC

Thank you for your inquiry through LawGuru that was routed to our firm, Ball Morse Lowe, out of Norman and Oklahoma City, OK. We understand your situation is stressful and we want to help. Please call us directly at (405) 701-6179 and we would be happy to assist. This seems to be a complex situation and we would always suggest having an advocate on your side. We can complete our intake via phone and setup a meeting with our experienced attorneys. We look forward to hearing from you.

Our specific attorneys who handle this type of situation are our probate attorneys; Bow Bottomly is a family law attorney so we would be happy to connect you with someone in our probate department.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/19, 6:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma