Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

When ''can'' you see your children?

My brother lost his children to his mother-n-law. Mother n law recently passed away and children have been left with boyfriend. The court gave custody to this person and it is not on the court papers that he(my brother)cannot see the children. They (parents)have not seen the children since November and no one will do anything. I know this is not right and I will pursue until I find someone who will help them. All they want is to be able to see them on a regular basis. How can this boyfriend take it upon himself to make the legal decisions on rather or not they can. My brother has seen his children in the store at one time and the kids were rushed out so they could not talk with their parents. This is crazy. Is this legal? Who can do something about this? Can you tell me where to go for help?

Asked on 5/10/01, 6:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: When ''can'' you see your children?

You will need to contact an attorney in your area for representation on this matter. More facts will have to be communicated in order to determine your brother's legal rights in this matter; for example, why was custody taken from your brother and given to his mother-in-law? Custody can always be modified, so unless your brother's rights were terminated, he should consult an attorney to determine his legal remedies.

Read more
Answered on 6/25/01, 11:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma