Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

How To Get Out

i need to know how i can get a divorce? i now live in north carolina,he lives in oklahoma.i have been here since the end of 1997. i had to leave him or my girls were going to be taken for good. his rights were legally terminated by the state of oklahoma.i dont have money for a divorce,but i am tired of being connected to him.please help.

Asked on 5/02/01, 10:35 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lisa Bohannan The Bohannan Law Office, P.C.

Re: How To Get Out

If you have met the residency requirement in NC, NC is the proper forum to bring your divorce action and you will need NC counsel. If you do not have the funds to hire a lawyer, I would suggest that you contact a legal services organization. Usually these agencies provide free domestic legal services to persons who meet thier eligibility requirements. If you cannot locate such a service in NC, you may be able to contact the NC bar association for assistance. Additionally, most bar associations will have a list of lawyers who provide pro bono (free) legal services. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/20/01, 12:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma