Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

I'm going through a divorce. A temporary injunction was put in place by the court stating we could not sell any property. My spouse sold some of my property after the injunction was put in place. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on 6/13/13, 8:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

If your husband has violated the court's order, then he can be held in contempt of court. You will need to file an Application for Citation for Contempt, have a Citation for Contempt issued against him, and have your husband served with both. At the hearing, you will need to convince the court that your husband's violation was a willful disregard of the court's order.

If your husband is found guilty, he can be fined up to $500 and/or sentenced to up to 6 months in jail.

In your Application you should also request a judgment for the value of the items sold. In that event, your husband may also be ordered to repay you for the items sold.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 9:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma