Legal Question in Family Law in Oklahoma

My son is living with his mom and I just found out that she is living with a convicted child abuser. Can I file for emergency custody?

Asked on 7/23/13, 9:46 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

To file for emergency custody you will need to allege facts that demonstrate that the child is in surroundings which endanger the safety of the child and that if such conditions continue, the child would likely be subject to irreparable harm. It is possible you have such a situation, but I would need to know a whole lot more about the situation to give you my opinion.

Read more
Answered on 7/23/13, 10:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oklahoma