Legal Question in Native American Law in Oklahoma

I am 1/4 Cherokee Indian

I just recently found out that I am 1/4 Cherokee Indian and my grandmother was full blooded Cherokee...

Is it worth my time and energy to find out if I would be entiled to anything monetarily from this new finding. I currently live in Texas but was raised in Oklahoma and born in California.

Asked on 4/13/03, 7:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Charles Aspinwall Charles S. Aspinwall, J.D., LLC

Re: I am 1/4 Cherokee Indian

Contact the Tribal Administrator. If you qualify for Tribal membership you will be entitled to all benefits of the Tribe, including annual per capita distributions, if any.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/03, 7:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 164

More Native American Law questions and answers in Oklahoma