Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Oklahoma

land title question

We need to respond to a request to quiet a quit claim deed. My grandmother died this year and without my mothers knowledge her brother has signed over a quit claim deed to a company that wants to purchase the property that was their grandmothers. Their mother and siblings have paid the taxes for the land since their mothers death and my mother has the quit claim deed that shows it goes to her Grandmother and heirs. What do we need to respond to keep her brother from being able to sell it without my mothers permission?

Asked on 8/15/08, 11:00 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Graves The Law Office of John H. Graves, PLLC

Re: land title question

In order to prevail in a quiet title suit you generally need to show that the defendant(s) have a claim superior to the plaintiff; or at least an interest that gives some right to possess the property. You need to respond within the very short time period allowed in order to prevent a default judgment being entered against the defendants. You should contact an attorney immediately if you have any questions.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/08, 10:37 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Oklahoma