Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oklahoma

Getting A Copy of a Will

How do I go about getting a copy of my fathers will. My sister was appointed as Executor of the Estate and she has informed me by letter that I have been excluded from the will and so were my two children. Can you give me any advice on where to go. Thank you

Asked on 5/03/05, 3:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Hunt John

Re: Getting A Copy of a Will

When you say she was appointed, I presume you/she is referring to court appointment in which case a copy of the Will is on file in the court file at the courthouse where the probate was filed. If you/she are referring to a provision in the Will that says she is to be the Executor, then you will have to open the probate on your own and get the court to order her to produce the Will if she is otherwise refusing to do so.

Read more
Answered on 5/03/05, 4:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oklahoma