Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oklahoma

Death & minor children after divorce

Would like to know what I need to do to keep ex-wife from accessing my estate in the event of my death for our minor child. Can I do a trust/trustee for child or what? Need debt pd 1st but after estate settled I would like any assets to go into trust until age 25. is this possible? Thank you

Asked on 10/31/06, 3:03 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kurt Kennedy Kurt M. Kennedy,Attorney at Law

Re: Death & minor children after divorce

There are a number of methods to accomplish what you want. Two good options that come to mind are a will containing a testamentary trust and a revocable living trust. There are pros and cons to each of these. You will most likely need the assistance of an attorney to set up either of them.

If you would like to discuss what is involved, please feel free to give me a call and set up an appointment.

Read more
Answered on 11/01/06, 3:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oklahoma