Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Oklahoma

no will

My mother died two years ago without a will. She was married to my father but they were seperated approx. three years. There are five kids. My mom owned two peices of property, which were purchased during the marriage but were

registered using my moms middle name and her maiden name.

This estate needs to be settled. I live in calif. and the

only one everyone can trust with matter. I can travel to oklahoma but like to settle this in one or two trips if possible. What steps can I take prior to making this trip.

and what information will i need.

thank you for your help

Asked on 12/28/04, 4:44 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Baker Law Offices of David R. Baker

Re: no will

I cannot answer your question without more information. Did you mother die in California or Oklahoma? Is the real property located in California or Oklahoma? Was your father on title to either or both parcels of property? If he was on title to either or both parcels of property was he a joint tenant or a tennant in common.

Read more
Answered on 12/28/04, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Oklahoma