Legal Question in Business Law in Oregon

i have a verbal contract for partnership in a Bar that can be supported by text messages, recorded phone calls, bank account registration ,Oregon lottery and the employees past and current. my partner now states that no such agreement was made. this only happened after i turned down her sexual advances. i have 1 and 1/2 years invested into this partnership with an average of 20 hrs a week invested with out any dividends. my partner told me that i was on the LLC as a member but when i checked that was not true. i dont have money to fight this but I know should have a lot coming. How do I proceed?

Asked on 8/14/19, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Collin McKean Collin McKean

It appears that you will need to bring a suit to determine the division of your interest in the business as a going concern. Typically, in the situation you are at, filing a complaint with the Circuit Court alleging the various legal claims available to you under the circumstances would be the next step. Sometimes you can obtain a resolution in mediation after your lawsuit is filed, but if not settlement is reached, you will likely need to have a trial on your claims based on the oral nature of your arrangement. McKean Smith attorneys Collin McKean, Sonia Montalbano, and David Rocker regularly assist clients in dissolving business interests and liquidating claims against the business such as your claims. We can be reached at 503-567-7967.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/19, 11:40 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Oregon