Legal Question in Family Law in Oregon

how can I collect money awarded to me in divorce settlement?

Asked on 11/07/13, 11:07 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Lawrence D. Gorin, Atty. Law Offices of Lawrence Gorin

Assuming this involves an Oregon divorce....

You begin by READING THE STATUES. In particular, ORS chapter 18. It spells out the various "judgment remedies" available under Oregon law for enforcement and collection of a judgment debt, include writs of garnishment, writs of execution, liens on property, etc.

And that is how you collect money awarded to your in a divorce settlement.

Read more
Answered on 11/08/13, 12:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Oregon