Legal Question in Health Care Law in Oregon

What can come out of this?

I went to my dentist for a root canal.The dentist followed through with the procedure as had been planned. I took a Valium which he had prescribed to me for my nervousness and expected pain. I also was given numerous shots of Novocain. Though I still felt the entire root canal.I complained several times that I was feeling severe pain, they did nothing to relieve the pain, and continued with the procedure. The dentist reassured me that I would feel no pain when I got home. For at least a month after I had gotten the root canal I felt extreme pain in my upper right jaw and in the effected area. The pain made it hard for me to sleep, and eating was practically unbearable. My jaw clenched up when I was trying to sleep, and I would lay in bed for 2 hours every night trying to fall asleep. Finally I contacted my dentist. The dentist told me that he had messed up on the root canal, and that he would fix it. He gave me a second root canal in that tooth. Once again I believe he did it improperly. Again I experienced similar pain, except it was worse. After that appointment with him I refused to go back. I now have a new dentist. My new dentist is sure that the old dentist did some severe damage to the upper right side of my mouth.

Asked on 11/18/01, 11:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Sly Richard Sly Attorney-at-law

Re: What can come out of this?

You may have a Dental Negligence(Medical/Dental Malpractice) claim. While attorneys take these cases on a contingent fee basis they are expensive from a cost perspective. You should contact an attorney who holds him/herself out as a an attorney who emphasises medial malpractice cases and who can verify that, in Oregon, He/She is a member of the Oregon Trial Lawyers Assn and, preferably a member of the American Trial Lawyers Assn

Read more
Answered on 11/19/01, 3:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

    A PHP Error was encountered

    Severity: Warning

    Message: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

    Filename: views/new_publicquestionview.php

    Line Number: 164

More Health Care Law questions and answers in Oregon