Legal Question in Immigration Law in Oregon

My fiancee lives in Jamaica, and I am going there to marry her. Is there a fairly quick way to get her here? If not is there a way she can come to help me sell my stuff so I could live there? She has already tried to come as a tourist several times, and has been denied every time.

Asked on 1/15/18, 1:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

No easy & quick way. If you marry her there, you'll have to petition her for a greencard & she'll need to consular process her immigrant visa before she can come to the U.S. As far as you moving to Jamaica, you'll need to consult with an immigration attorney there. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 1/15/18, 2:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Oregon