Legal Question in Intellectual Property in Oregon

We are parents of a 14 year old daughter. She has a cousin who is a professional photographer. He has recently taken photos of her with some of them a little suggestive for a 14 yo. He put them on his facebook page and in a website called Doesn't he need a signed release from us (the parents) in order to publish any of these pics?

Asked on 8/24/11, 1:05 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin B. Murphy Franchise Foundations, APC

As a Franchise Attorney I can say the following. Photographers need a valid, signed release to use photos like this - even more so if it's a 14-year old. As she is a minor, You would need to sign the release. Without a valid release there are invasion of privacy issues that can have legal consequences. Consult with a good business or franchise attorney in your area for specific advice.

Mr. Franchise - Kevin B. Murphy, B.S., M.B.A., J.D.

Franchise Foundations, a Professional Corporation

Read more
Answered on 8/24/11, 7:15 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in Oregon