Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Oregon

I bought property in Yoncalla Oregon on August 5 2016. Property had a care taker living on property with his wife paying no rent or any Lease - Rental Agreement. They lived there 12-13 years. Our verbal agreement to over see property did not work out. We sent Registered letter to care taker, 40 day notice to vacate property, now they want another 60 days. How do I get them to vacate property ?

Asked on 7/20/17, 9:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Robert Mauger The Law Office of Robert L. Mauger

Assuming there's a valid landlord/tenant agreement (an oral lease can be binding, but hard to prove), you will need to send a valid termination notice. You can likely send a 60 day notice by first class mail, but you'll need to add 3 days for mailing. If the tenant still doesn't leave, you'll need to file an eviction in the county. You should review your notice and the process with your own attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/17, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Oregon