Legal Question in Family Law in Pakistan

A person who wishes to divorce his wife, he has to send a notice to the Chairman of Re-conciliation Council. This notice should be a formal legal notice on a stamp paper verified by two witnessness or he can write the statment on a simple plain paper with the signature of two witnesses. Are both equal for the council? What is the procedure?

Asked on 4/18/10, 9:51 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Sheikh Mohammed Akram Nazir Akram Nazir Law Chamber

requirement of stamp paper is for the purpose of fee payment to the government and a way of marking the date on which it was drawn for the specified purpose.first deficiency can be made up by putting stamps of the said value ,if other requirements are fulfilled like signatures of the sender, and of witnesses identifications etc.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/10, 8:31 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pakistan