Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Pennsylvania

I bought a house about three years ago. Since then I got married. How do I go about adding my wifes name to the deed? I'd appreciate any advice. Thank you....Paul

Asked on 6/12/10, 5:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Kelly Kelly Law

pretty simple, you have to record a deed in the county in which you live in at the recorder of deeds office at the courthouse from you individually (as grantor) to you and her as husband and wife (as grantees). You should fill in a statement of value saying the transaction is not subject to realty transfer tax as a transaction from you to you and your wife.

Read more
Answered on 6/12/10, 9:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Pennsylvania