Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

Drug Charges

I have been formally charged with 3 M's and 2 F's in a druge related case. I was picked up selling to an undercover cop. I did work with the detective and he has told me that what I have done for him so far will mean no jail time and only probation. What I want to know is there any way to get the felonys dropped down to misdemeanor charges? I have never been arrested before and do not want the felonys on my record.

Asked on 11/16/05, 6:53 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Konrad Jarzyna The Law Offices of Cozzi & Jarzyna

Re: Drug Charges

It will be up to the District Attorney. If you did good work for the officer, talk to him and see if he good put in a good word for you. Also, whoever is representing you should be working on the DA. It is possible to get the charges reduced. You attorney could also ask the DA to maybe recommend that your charges get expunged after a period of time if you stay out of trouble. Best of luck! Let me know if you need anything else. Konrad

Read more
Answered on 11/16/05, 7:42 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania