Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

I am moving to Pennsylvania, and I want to start my own business. My business is a little of this and a little of that. Meaning, it would encompass photography, things I make with my photography, natural body care products, ie. soap, lotion, scrubs, etc. I have one name that would be the "parent" company, with several "baby" companies. I have been told that I should do a S Corp. My question is, how do I also protect the baby company names under the parent?

Asked on 2/23/12, 6:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Begley Kevin J. Begley - Attorney at Law

Talk with a CPA, you are probably better off filing as a Limited Liability Company (LLC). You can register the "baby" companies under the "parent" company as Trade Names, or possibly filing trademarks. You may or may not be able to do all you want on your own, it depands mostly on you. Again, speak with a good CPA, get advice and go from there.

Read more
Answered on 2/24/12, 6:59 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania