Legal Question in Disability Law in Pennsylvania

How do we get our neighbors to stop parking in front of our house when they have plenty of space in front of their own house.They are doing this to harass the disabled resident.

Asked on 9/02/13, 2:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

CHARLES WEINER Law Office of Charles Weiner

The first question is whether you have a designated handicapped parking sign near your house. If you don't, you should make this request to your local government, which may require completion of an applications. While local governments may place a designated space, it for the use of any person with a disability not only for the person who lives near the designated sign. If you already have a sign and your neighbor is not disabled then there are several tactics. The first is the neighborly approach...speak to them and explain that you need the space. If that doesn't work, then contact the police and have them issue a ticket. If that doesn't get any where, then consider contacting an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 9/03/13, 4:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Disability Discrimination Law (ADA) questions and answers in Pennsylvania