Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania

I was overpaid child support for my so 1010.00 I'm filing bankruptcy, I get 1000.00 on social security , can this be discharged

Asked on 12/20/12, 8:29 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Duffy Duffy Law, LLC

It sounds like your question relates to an overpayment in child support. The dischargeability of an overpayment of child support would be questionable, because it may be found to fall under 11 U.S.C. � 523(a)(5) and 11 U.S.C. � 523(a)(15), in the nature of child support, and thus non-dischargeable.

Social Security income should continue after filing and discharge.

You have a number of specific issues that this general information cannot fully address. This is not legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. My firm only practices in Eastern and Central Pennsylvania, as well as New Jersey. You should talk to a qualified local bankruptcy attorney immediately.

Read more
Answered on 12/20/12, 8:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania