Legal Question in Bankruptcy in Pennsylvania

My son filed for Bankruptcy the beginning of November 2014. Somehow his bankruptcy attached to our mortgage (we his parents). I called his attorney and they called our mortgage company and said they got it resolved. They said because my son is a Jr. someone got sloppy and attached his name with our mortgage because my husband is a Sr. I called the mortgage company and they said it would take 3-5 days to clear up to get documentation needed. When I called 5 days later they said if my son filed bankruptcy using my address as where he lived then that's why it attached to our mortgage which I completely don't understand. Different name, different social security #. Now I am having the hardest time getting it off my mortgage. Is it because of his name or because he lives with us and used our address. How do I rectify this situation? I called his attorney again and after 3 messages no phone call returned. Help

Asked on 11/22/14, 4:44 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antoinette Wooten The Wooten Legal Consulting, PC

I would suggest you contact the trustee's office who is handling the bankruptcy and explain everything to her/him.

Read more
Answered on 11/24/14, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania