Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

HI, I am the Defendant. I am in court fighting over a false contract $50,000.00. my attorney missed a court date and the judgement went against me. I am scheduled for sheriff's sale. what are my options?

Asked on 12/19/14, 9:00 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

ANDREA G. TILLIS Law Offices of Andrea G. Tillis

I am sorry to hear about your difficult situation. If the case was heard by an Arbitration Panel of three Attorneys, and 30 days have not elapsed since the judgment was entered against you, you can appeal to the Court of Common Pleas as a matter of right. If thirty days have elapsed and there is no other recourse, you can sue your attorney for legal malpractice.

Read more
Answered on 12/24/14, 7:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania