Legal Question in Business Law in Pennsylvania

denied compensation

my girlfriend tried to exchange an item at a store, with a receipt, for some other products totaling the same amount. She had worked for this company for 5 years and knows that their policy is if someone has a receipt you must give them their exchange. She was refused and told that she should go back to the original store that she purchased it from, even though it is part of the same chain. Is there any legal action that she can take?

Asked on 4/30/01, 9:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Re: attempted return of merchandise

If the chain has a policy, that policy must be universally enforced. The most that she could do is report the chain to the better business bureau and sue for the value of the item.

I trust this has been helpful, but feel free to call or e-mail with any questions.

Read more
Answered on 6/19/01, 11:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania