Legal Question in Construction Law in Pennsylvania

Hi I would like to know if it is possible that one person who my husband did a favor to put up a brick fence for this person winds up wanted to sue him for incomplete work. Which he had finsih. She wants the money back that he use tor material. he is not a contractor he is a handy man and did this favor out of goodness of his heart Should we get attorney. My husband is so upset.

Asked on 9/14/12, 8:14 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer

You should defiantly get an attorney. Her right to sue will depend on the contract your husband entered with her. Furthermore, there are rules regarding giving a gift in contract law. A gift can also be construed as a type of service, not only a good.

Lawyer Michael Kotik, Esq. |

[email protected] (Email) | (215) 564-1010 (24 Hour/Office Line) | (267) 265-4553 (Direct Line)

Two Penn Center (Philadelphia)

1500 John F. Kennedy Blvd., Suite 220

Philadelphia, PA 19102

Read more
Answered on 9/15/12, 12:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Construction Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania