Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

I have tried to no avail to get a GE account removed from my credit because it is not mine. It is a typo on the mistake of GE when they made this account for some other person living in IL(I live in PA). After two months and several hours on the phone, December 13th I was told they sent a letter to all reporting agencies to remove this account it was an error. Not trusting GE, I also had two of the reporting agencies(Experian and TransUnion) investigate. They keep stating GE told them its my account. And now on my credit reports this other persons IL mailing address and last four of the SS# are listing on my credit reports as AKA information. Is there any way to place a civil suit against GE? This acount that isn't mine was pulled into a bankruptcy and now my credit is in massive need of repair. I have been denied for two loans due to the bankruptcy that isn't mine.

Asked on 1/03/13, 8:08 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Yes there should be if you followed the procedure set forth in the FCRA. You can recover actual damages or up to $1000 and attorney fees. I would look to one of the PA lawyers that handles this - try Dan DeLiberty - he seems to be more in your area:

Read more
Answered on 1/03/13, 8:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania