Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

charge card

I sent a question about a lawsuit. I need to file a letter by Monday. The statue of limiations is up and I don't think they can do anything. I live in Pittsburgh Pa. Not sure how to answer.

Asked on 10/20/04, 6:04 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Gerald Hershenson Law Office of Gerald M. Hershenson

Re: charge card

You did not identify what court you are before. If you are before a District Justice, the letter only needs to say you intend to defend. If your are in the Court of Common Pleas you should get an attorney. Gerald Hershenson Esq. 215-579-9390

Read more
Answered on 10/20/04, 8:05 pm

Charles A. Pascal, Jr. Law Office of Charles A. Pascal, Jr.

Re: charge card

First and foremost...if you don't know what to do, don't dabble...hire an attorney.

You don't say what court you are before...and I don't know what you mean by you have to file a "letter". There is no "letter" to file. It is either an intent to defend before a district justice or an answer in the court of common pleas. You also didn't say how much money was involved.

If you are in the court of common pleas and you were served with a complaint and now need to file an answer...don't fool around...hire a lawyer. If there's a statute of limitations defense you may trip yourself up without legal help.

Read more
Answered on 10/21/04, 10:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania