Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

Company claims i owe them money, do i have the right to request a copy of all my bills- this was from 2009?

Asked on 6/05/12, 7:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

You do not give any details such as who you owe, who has the debt and so forth. Of course, you have a right to dispute your debt if a debt collector has the account. Have you done that? Or has the matter progressed to a lawsuit? If a lawsuit has been filed, then the way to request information is through what is called discovery, although PA requires certain things to be attached to the complaint although not all creditors bother to comply with that as no objection is raised by the debtor who may be unable to afford legal counsel.

If there is no debt collector or lawsuit in the picture, then why are you raising this now? The statute of limitations may expire next year (assuming that your last payment was in 2009 when the charges wee incurred).

If you would like to discuss this more in detail, try re-posting. I give free email consults - if I knew more about the debt, I may be able to give better advice. Please contact me at [email protected] if interested.

Read more
Answered on 6/05/12, 8:57 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania