Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Pennsylvania

I received my cc of a Writ of Execution on a money judgement on Saturday. I'm 75 and own nothing - no car, this house belongs to my son and my only source of income is Social Security. I found out that the sheriff delivered the original Writ to the wrong Bank, so I will not be getting their notice of a frozen account. Should I still complete the Exemption section on the copy that I received; should my son since he has so much here? Will there be a sheriff sale? What do I do now? Thank you.

Asked on 7/23/18, 10:21 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Matthew Nahrgang Nahrgang & Associates, P.C.

Thank you for your inquiry. The simplest and permanent solution is a bankruptcy if you qualify. Otherwise, you and/or your son should file either an exemption claim or a third party property claim.

I am happy to advise you on a free initial basis so feel free to call or e-mail.

Very truly yours,

Matthew R. Nahrgang, Esquire

35 Evansburg Road

Collegeville, PA 19426

(610) 489-3041 ph

(610) 489-3042 fax

[email protected]

Read more
Answered on 7/23/18, 10:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania