Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

armed robbery

what is the statuet of limitations on armed robbery, or is there?If there is when does the clock start. My little brother is accused of this crime. He has fled the area. I do not know where he went. He claims he did not do it. He says they have an eye witness, so he fled.

Asked on 1/29/05, 9:27 am

4 Answers from Attorneys

Mark Johns Mark Johns, Esquire

Re: armed robbery

By fleeing your brother is waiving any Statute of Limitations argument. If he is innocent he should return and exercise his right to a trial. If he is not he should return and attempt to get the best possible plea deal. I offer free consultations.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/05, 9:54 am

Charles A. Pascal, Jr. Law Office of Charles A. Pascal, Jr.

Re: armed robbery

I agree with the advice of Atty. Johns. In addition, if the charges have already been filed, and he merely hasn't been arrested yet, then the state has met the statute of limitations. Call me if you have any questions. 724-845-8340, 412-855-6598

Read more
Answered on 1/29/05, 1:41 pm
Marc V. Taiani AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law

Re: armed robbery

By fleeing from possible prosecution, your brother is making it worse on himself in the long run...Unless he intends to live as a fugitive for the remainder of his life, which I doubt, he is foregoing the possibility of any plea agreement from the District Attorney.

My advice is simple, have your brother retain legal counsel ASAP or risk possible additional charges being filed.

My office also offers flat rate pricing and free consultations, for additional information please visit my firm's website at or by calling my office at 412.731.0865.


Marc V. Taiani, Esquire

AAAL - Allegheny Attorneys At Law

Read more
Answered on 1/29/05, 2:00 pm
Stanley Fudor Law Offices of Stanley Fudor

Re: armed robbery

The statute of limitations stops if they filed a criminal complaint and file a fugitive from justice complaint. The worse thing is for your brother is to run. He needs to contact an attorney to have him turn himself in and make sure he gets bond. This is assuming WARRANT for his arrest has been issued.

Read more
Answered on 1/29/05, 7:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania