Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

I am being charged with D-Misdemeanor No Extradition for charges Hinder App/Prosec-False Info to Leo, and need to be fingerprinted. It says type of case is police prosecution (summons). What am I facing and what could happen to me? Should I get a lawyer?

Asked on 2/27/12, 12:27 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

Sentencing in criminal cases depends on a number of factors, the main one being what sort of prior convictions you have. The sentence will also vary depending on whether you take a guilty plea.

Yes, this is certainly something you need to retain a lawyer for. I would suggest that you not give any statements to the police and that you retain a lawyer as soon as possible. If you cannot afford an attorney, you should contact the public defender's office to see if you qualify for free legal assistance.

If you would like to retain a lawyer to handle this, please feel free to contact me.

Justin C. Gearty Jr., Esquire

Ph: 717-490-6325

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 2/27/12, 1:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania