Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

court transcripts

how can i get copies of my sons trial transcripts and suppression transcripts as i cant afford them i make less than 14,000 a year and have two children at home and a wife i support can i get them forma paupos as he was only 16 years when arrested for murder

Asked on 9/06/07, 9:23 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Brian Zeiger Levin & Zeiger LLP

Re: court transcripts

if you have a public defender, you can ask them for a copy. if they won't give it to you, your son could ask for a copy and send it to you. if you don't have a public defender, you can ask the trial judge for a public defender. the reason for the request if for an appeal or a pcra.

if none of that works, i would contact me state rep or state senator. if none of that works, you could call or email the aclu and see if they can help.

i am sure that if there is an appeal or a pcra, the notes will be transcribed. At that end, its just about getting you copies.

good luck.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/07, 10:26 pm

John Gibson John W. Gibson, Esquire

Re: court transcripts

It's difficult to get transcripts on an in forma pauperis basis. Court Reporters have to make a living also and the Courts try to protect their interests.

Read more
Answered on 9/07/07, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania