Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

How do you fight a disorderly conduct for engage in fighting?

Asked on 10/08/13, 10:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael Kotik Lawyer Michael Kotik | Criminal Lawyer

It depends on the facts of the case. I would suggest hiring a criminal defense attorney to help you. Here is the law, try to apply to your own set of facts:

5503. Disorderly conduct.

(a) Offense defined.--A person is guilty of disorderly

conduct if, with intent to cause public inconvenience, annoyance

or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

(1) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or

tumultuous behavior;

(2) makes unreasonable noise;

(3) uses obscene language, or makes an obscene gesture;


(4) creates a hazardous or physically offensive

condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of

the actor.

(b) Grading.--An offense under this section is a misdemeanor

of the third degree if the intent of the actor is to cause

substantial harm or serious inconvenience, or if he persists in

disorderly conduct after reasonable warning or request to

desist. Otherwise disorderly conduct is a summary offense.

(c) Definition.--As used in this section the word "public"

means affecting or likely to affect persons in a place to which

the public or a substantial group has access; among the places

included are highways, transport facilities, schools, prisons,

apartment houses, places of business or amusement, any

neighborhood, or any premises which are open to the public.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at [email protected] Good Luck:

Read more
Answered on 10/14/13, 5:55 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania