Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My girlfriend and I were out drinking on a weekend night. We both had a good amount to drink, however she definitely had more than I had and was showing it. We got into an argument in a restaurant with a group of people. She slapped me in the face. I attempted to get away from

the situation by leaving the restaurant and waiting outside for everyone. She came outside and started screaming at my again, and then punched me in the face. I tried walking away again, again she followed me and we were both saying things to each other. She again punched me in the face and was trying to again when I attempted to simply get some space between us and get her away from me. When I did this she stumbled and fell and an off duty cop saw this part grabbed me and called the cops. This happened in PA. I was told I would be charged with harassment, public intoxication, and disorderly conducts. When the police came my girlfriend told them that I did not do anything and that she stumbled because she had been drinking. Is there anyway that the harassment charge can stick given the lack of specific intent required? Also my girlfriend repeatedly stated I did nothing wrong and would be at the hearing.

Asked on 8/10/13, 11:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Thomas Kenny Thomas D. Kenny, Esquire

You should not post all these statements on the Internet. Your girlfriend was drunk as so we're you so how good of a witness she would be remains to be seen. The case may hinge on what the police officer saw and how well defense counsel can cross examine. You should consult with a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 5:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania