Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

on September 29, 2008, i was sentenced and ordered to pay costs, fine, restitution totaling $3,460. for misdemeanor charge, in center county pa. March 11, 2013 petition to find me in indirect criminal contempt for failure to violation 0f court order. I'm on ssdi only income which is 767/mo. (can barely afford living expenses, which is why not paid). It's been over 5 years..what is statues of limitation? Hearing scheduled, April 7th in center county. rec in first class mail, no sub, warrent. is this filing timely or can i get dismissed under statues of lim?

Asked on 3/13/13, 6:08 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

There is no statute of limitation for this. So long as your on probation and so long as there are fines/costs owed, the state can bring a contempt action against you and/or a probation violation proceeding against you. If you cannot afford an attorney, I would suggest that you contact the public defenders office in your county asap as you will want legal representation for this.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 6:29 pm


Call the Centre County Public Defender's Office in Bellefonte.

I cannot imagine a judge holding you in criminal contempt in your situation.

But DO IT! Right away. Call your

Probation officer

Let me know how you make out.


Read more
Answered on 3/13/13, 7:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania