Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

My son was at a bar bought a beer and took money off the bar,believing it was his change $18 people saw him said nothing finished his drink and left,later charged with was someone elses money, he didn't know.what can he do,it was an honest mistake,

Asked on 2/21/17, 6:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

He should retain an attorney. His attorney argue the issue as one of the elements of the crime is intent and the attorney would argue lack of intent. This could possibly resolved at the preliminary hearing. The sooner he retains an attorney the better.

Read more
Answered on 2/21/17, 6:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania