Legal Question in Criminal Law in Pennsylvania

I am on state parole in Pennsylvania for a false imprisonment charge from 2012, its an M2. I was not sentenced on this charge until December 2016 when I was picked up randomly for the warrant. they gave me 6-24months in state prison, I was released in June of 2018. I moved into a recoveryhouse, although I had no addiction I just needed to get on my feet. I was required to go to a daily program for 45 days then I fought that and got it down to 2 days. I met a girl in this time frame and in October I said screw it left the recoveryhouse and stopped going to my program because I moved in with her. I get off parole in March, my p.o. keeps contacting me asking why im not in my program and he wants to meet me at the recoveryhouse where he thinks I still live. I just want to move on with my life this is an old case from when I was like 21years old and stupid. I have less than 3 months left on parole, what do I do to resolve the fact im not going to keep doing all these programs and living away from my girlfriend, I just want to move on with my life

Asked on 12/07/18, 8:03 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Davidson Law Office of John A. Davidson

Your problem is when you are on parole you are not free to say "screw it" . Since you picked where you want you should have been aware of the requirements of using that as a halfway house. So your PO can violate you looks like worse case you'll be in 3 months.


Read more
Answered on 12/07/18, 8:18 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania