Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

i am 18 and from PA. this weekend i was pulled over a few hundred feet from my home because of a broken headlight. The officer asked me to step out of the car and breathalyzed me. i believe my bac was close to .14 or so. i was charged with my first under 21 DUI The arresting officer was actually very friendly and helpful. He explained the ARD program to me but i am worried i am not eligible because of 2 underage drinking violations from my past. i am also worried that i will be charged with another Underage drinking on top of the DUI (even though the officer said that wouldn't happen) Also, on the way to the DUI center we had to stop and arrest a man who was highly intoxicated driving on the wrong side of the road toward us. All in all it was about 2 plus hours until my blood was taken and i have not received those results yet. I CANNOT afford to loose my license as i am a full time college student and employed part time.

Asked on 3/19/13, 6:10 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Thomas Kenny Thomas D. Kenny, Esquire

You may have a two hour motion. You need to speak with a criminal defense attorney right away there may other defenses available upon inspection of the discovery.

Read more
Answered on 3/19/13, 6:24 pm


There ARE things you can do. The first thing is to call AA and get alcohol counselling as well. Alcohol is addictive and has its claws into you.

As for the charges, I have been in practice 40 years and handle DUI in abundance. I have worked with many college students and many lawyers have referred their children to me.

Call me today for a free and open discussion at

215-370-2608 which is my cell phone. Let's stop this vicious cycle before you hurt yourself or someone else and end up in state prison and ruin your life entirely.

I will help you in any way I can. My web site is

I do cover your area.

Kind regards

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 4:01 am
Ellis Klein Young, Klein & Associates

You need to consult with an experienced local attorney who can answer your questions in person. Hopefully you will be eligible for ARD but that decision is up to the DA. Hopefully the prior Underage charges will not affect their decision.

If you are charged with another underage, in addition to the suspension for DUI, you could face another 2 year suspension for a 3rd Underage.

My website has a lot of good info about DUI including a free downloadable 45 page book on DUI. I am a former Senior Deputy District Attorney and I have handled over 5,000 DUI cases.

Please give me a call if you would like to speak about your case. We have an office near the courthouse in Allentown and offices throughout SE Pennsylvania.

Ellis Klein, Esquire


Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 4:06 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania