Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

i was arrested last night for DUI. It was my 2nd. Last one was 7 yrs ago at 21 yrs old. I did ARD and it got Exp. My BAS was .24. My qustion is. Will I be able to go into treatment instead of jail? They gave me no paper work. How long will it take to get papers in mail? If i sign up for outpatient treatment will that help come time for court? I will be getttting an attorney. Waiting on a check from my Dad. I am anxious to know. Any other options? House Arrest? Is a short jail time with an outpatient program an opt?


Asked on 9/09/09, 8:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Cevallos Cevallos & Wong, LLP

The problem is here is that your last DUI was 7 years ago, and falls within the lookback period. You won't be eligible for ARD again. You are also in the highest level of BAC, so you will be tier III. You are looking at jail time, and it's not likely that you will be able to go into treatment instead. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Feel free to call our offices to discuss.

Read more
Answered on 9/14/09, 8:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania