Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

I have to file a bill of particulars and I don't know exactly what that is. What is all required in it? Must it be handwritten? Do I turn it in to the county court offices? I need help. Everyone before my PO has told me I won't need an attorney. He won't answer my question, and said thats a question for my attorney

Asked on 12/17/14, 10:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Justin Gearty Law Office of Justin C Gearty Jr

A bill of particulars is essentially a document that gets filed with the court and served on the da where the defendant asks for a more detailed explanation of the information that the DA filed. This is not something that needs filed in every case, but only an attorney familiar with your case could say for sure whether this is something that is needed or not. I would highly suggest that you retain an attorney as you could be missing out on important defenses and could miss important deadlines. For example, pre-trial motions must be filed within 30 days of formal arraignment. If they aren't filed within that time frame, you will waive your right to ever raise those issues, which could be important issues such as suppression.

Read more
Answered on 12/18/14, 1:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania