Legal Question in DUI Law in Pennsylvania

Underage Drinking LAw

The other night, I was vomiting in my sorority house because i was drunk. My friends called my schools EMS squad, and whenever the EMS is called at my school, the police always come with them. Eventually i was taken to a local hospital where i stayed for less than an hour. By the way, i am 20 years old. I went to the police station the other day so i could take a look at a copy of the citation that they are mailing to me. First of all, the police neevr took my BAC. It was never taken until i got to the hospital and the police were gone. CAn the police still cite me for underage drinking even if they do not have my BAC? Is the hospital legally able to release my BAC to the police? When i looked at the citiation, i also discovered that inaddition to being cited for underage drinking, i am also being citied for public intoxication. I was in the living room of my house when the police came with the EMS, so how is it possible for them to cite me for public intoxication. I was not in public. Thank you for your help.

Asked on 1/23/07, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Underage Drinking LAw

if you want to defend this action you are going to need an attorney. There are many issues with this. The police are not going to agree to anythign without you being represented. You need to get a copy of the official discovery in the case. This get not try to do this on you own. If you cannot afford an attny ask for a public defender

Read more
Answered on 1/23/07, 4:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania